Since we closed the home on 4/8/11, we have been broken into twice. In the first occurrence, the burglar ripped out the majority of the copper plumbing in the home. In the process of stealing our copper plumbing, they were very fortunate to disturb the asbestos insulation in the attic and expose themselves to the carcinogenic fibers. In the second invasion, they kicked down the shed door and stole our washer and dryer. When reading this, you may think that the neighborhood is quite unsafe. In actuality, this is a common misconception as often times, the people breaking into these homes are drug addicts that are looking to fund their next quick fix. It is important to understand that these people only disturb homes that are under construction or vacant. This is also a pandemic that occurs throughout the valley, not only Central Phoenix.
With a close date of 4/8/11, we were supposed to start the abatement process on 4/13/11. Due to scheduling conflicts and contractor unavailability, we had to push the start date back to this past Monday 4/25/11. See pictures below of the progress thus far:
During this process, the abatement contractors wear respirators and hazmat suits while they completely seal off the entire home and demo the asbestos related materials in a tightly controlled environment. The abatement process should be fully complete on 5/1/11 when the home passes an independent 3rd party air quality exam. This exam will show that there are no longer any traces of asbestos in the home.
Please see below for the full scope of work for the home on Pasadena:
- Asbestos Abatement (Demo Insulation, Roof, Windows, Flooring, Cabinets, Bathrooms, Interior Walls)
- New Architectural Shingles
- New Energy Star Dual Pane Windows
- New Infrastructure (Electrical, Plumbing, Framing)
- New R-38 Blown Insulation
- New HVAC Duct Work
- New Exterior Siding
- New Master Bedroom & Closet
- New Acid Stained Concrete
- New Two Tone Custom Paint
- New Bathrooms (Custom Showers, Vessel Sinks, European Cabinets, Solid Surface Countertops)
- New European Kitchen (European Cabinets, Solid Surface Countertops, Stainless Steel Appliances, Mosaic Back Splash Walls)
- New Landscape Package
- New Versutia_Home
This entire scope of work has a projected completion date of 6/3/11.
: Call to undefined function get_field() in /home/versut5/public_html/wp-content/themes/sw_new/single.php
on line 20